Math 113: Discrete Structures, Spring 2018MWF 10:00-10:50am, Chem 301
Office Hours: MWF 1:30-2:30pm in Lib 306
Drop-in tutoring: SuMTWTh 7-9pm, Lib 387
Text: Discrete Mathematics: Elementary and Beyond
Math 113 F02 on Piazza
Week 1: January 22 - 26
Week 2: January 29 - February 2
- M: Video lecture distributed via email and these notes. RQ, Handout, HW
- W:§1.3. RQ, Handout, HW
- F: §§1.5, 1.6. RQ, Handout, HW
Week 3: February 5 - 9
Week 4: February 12 - 16
- M: §§3.5, 3.6 (ignore the proof of equation (3.5) if you have not seen induction before). RQ, Handout, HW
- W: §2.1. RQ, Handout, HW
- F: §2.3. RQ, HW
Week 5: February 19 - 23
- M: §2.4. RQ, HW
- W: The hatcheck lady & co (Euler function section optional). RQ, HW
- F: Review session. Two-hour take-home exam distributed, due at the start of class on Monday, February 26. Review problems.
The $\LaTeX$ document preparation system
Poor handwriting? Love escape characters? Too much free time? Try $\LaTeX$!
- $\LaTeX$ at Reed.
- A short guide [pdf] to writing mathematics with $\LaTeX$.
- Sample $\LaTeX$ input / output: sample.tex / sample.pdf.
- Change .pdf to .tex on (nearly) any file accessed from this page to get the $\LaTeX$ source code.
Kyle M. Ormsby