MATH 211 - Fall 2014
MATH 211: Calculus
Sections 2 and 3
Professor: Angélica Osorno
This is the course information website for sections 2 and 3 of Math 211: Multivariable Calculus I.
All other material for the class will be posted on the Moodle page.
Text: Differential calculus of several variables, notes by David Perkinson, available online and at the bookstore.
- Lecture (section 2): MTWF 11:00-11:50am, Lib 389.
- Lecture (section 3): MTWF 12:00-12:50pm, Lib 389.
- Office hours: W 4-5pm, Th 9-10am; you can also make an appointment or stop by my office. If my door is open, you are welcome in.
Problem sets: Homework will be due at the beginning of class, mostly on Fridays. No late problem sets will be accepted, but the lowest score will be dropped. Please order and staple your solutions.
Collaboration policy: You are welcome to work on homework together, this is a great way of learning. But YOU MUST WRITE UP YOUR OWN SOLUTIONS INDEPENDENTLY. For total disclosure, write the names of your collaborators and tutors.
Ten-minute quizzes: Happen most Tuesdays at the beginning of class. The lowest score will be dropped.
Exams: There will be two in-class hour-long exams and a final exam.
Math help center: Student tutors are available to help you on SMTWTh from 7:00 to 9:00pm in L387 and L389.
- Exam 1: Tuesday, September 30.
- Exam 2: Wednesday, November 5.
Final Exam: During exam week