Use Sage Online
- Go to sagemath.org and click on "Sage
Via the Web".
- You will need to make up a username and password.
- Once you have logged in, click on "new worksheet". Type "1+1" (without the quotes,
here and later in this explanation)
into a cell on the worksheet, then hit Shift-Enter. If everthing goes OK,
you should get "2".
- Now type "plot?". After a few seconds, you should see
more than you want to see about the plot function. I usually skip through
the documentation looking for examples. Try plotting something.
- Other keywords you might try: integrate?, diff?, solve?, limit?
- Try "expand(x+y)^5" and "factor(x^2+2*x*y+y^2)".
From the Sage homepage, click on "Help". I would recommend the
Cards, Sage for
Newbies, and the Tutorial pages.
To download Sage, go to the Sage website and click on download. There is an
available in the "Help" section of the Sage site.
- To enter commands in the web version of Sage, enter "Shift-Enter".
- To multiply, use "*". Thus, the correct syntax for "2x+1" is "2*x+1".